martes, 2 de diciembre de 2014

The Maze Runner Trilogy



Author: James Dashner
Genre: Young Adult, Science Fiction,
Publisher: Delacorte Books
Year: 2009 - 2011
Ranking: 4,6/ 5
 Synopsis


The Maze runner is a series of three young adult science fiction novels by American author James Dasher. Each book entails a story of a group of young teenagers who have been trapped in a Maze for some kind of experiment. The objective in the first book is to get out of the Maze, for the second and the third, however, the objective changes giving you a story to love and hate at the same time. The story takes place in a futuristic world where the human race is just about to be extinct, the reason… well you will have to read the books to know it.

The Author


James Smith Dashner (born November 26, 1972) is an American writer of speculative fiction, primarily series for children or young adults, such as the YA fantasy series 13th Reality. His 2008 novel The Journal of Curious Letters, first in the series, was one of the annual Borders Original Voices picks.
Dashner has been a professional writer since June 1, 2003 the date his first book, A Door in the Woods, was published.
Dashner's books are written for young teens. His work is typically within the adventure, survival, and science-fiction genres.
His book, The Maze Runner, was on the New York Times Bestseller List for one year, and was made into a major motion picture that was released on September 19, 2014.

Personal Experience with This Series

I will not again go into details of the plot because I might spoil you and I don’t want to do that. I will tell you the plot line for the first book though.

In the first book, we follow Thomas and his friends. Thomas wakes up in a Maze where he does not know anyone and anything about himself as well. Things happen so fast, the next thing we know is that Thomas and his friends need to get out of the Maze as soon as possible or they will get killed. The book encounters Thomas and the way he goes through all the experiences he has since he wakes up. Moreover, it follows the story of this group of guys who has been trapped in the Maze for more than 2 years and, has built a complete society in it.

I will let my full review of this only book in this link here.

The book series is great. The story line is very unique and keeps you interested for the three books. I did not find any of the parts boring at all. There is a lot of action. A little bit of romance but not much. And a lot learning I will say.

Because of the whole plot line, the writing of the author is very important, at least to me. You see, for this kind of story the author has to know how to keep you interested.  There are so many things happening at the same time, there are a lot of questions, intrigue, and confusion (taking into account that Thomas is the one telling the story). Therefore, the author has to be very clever in order for the reader not to feel disoriented while reading the book, even though Thomas does feels disoriented many times during the three books.

I read the first book and I felt so overwhelmed that I led the other two for a while. I could not handle much more. However, I was in a kind of reading slump and I wanted something that would take me out of it. So, I picked the second book and I could not stop. I started reading the second book on Friday and then I finish the whole series Monday. I loved the way James Dashner keeps something bad is going to happen. The way he portrait the characters so you do not know who trust and who you should not trust, was complete amazing.

I loved specially the character development of Thomas and Minho. They grew up a lot since the first book. Moreover, you can see how much love there is between friends in these books. It teaches you that maybe you won’t have a family built with bloodlines but that people who cares about you will be always your family as long as you consider them that. I loved that about the story.


I felt happy, worried, sad, very sad, and then quiet for moments. It was like a roller-coaster and, it was amazing. I recommend everyone who loves action and fast pace books to read this trilogy. It is so good!  Just be aware that you might cry a lot. There is a strong connection with the characters that’s why. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates