miércoles, 4 de febrero de 2015

The Lost Hero


Author: Rick Riordan

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, Mithology, Mystery.

Editorial: Disney Books

Year: 2010

Ranking: 4,7/ 5

Synopsis


Seven half-bloods shall answer the call, To storm or fire the world must fall.


An oath to keep with a final breath, and foes bear arms to the Doors of Death.


A terse quatrain casts a teasing challenge at a new combine of demigods in this series launch by Rick Riordan. A tantalizing new adventure epic from the author of Percy Jackson & The Olympians.


The Author

Richard Russell "Rick" Riordan, Jr.  (Born June 5, 1964) is an American author best known for writing the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. He also wrote the adult mystery series Tres Navarre and helped edit Demigods and Monsters, a collection of essays on his Percy Jackson series. He helped develop the ten books of The 39 Clues series and wrote the first book in the series, The Maze of Bones. In 2012, he completed a trilogy focusing on Egyptian mythology, The Kane Chronicles, and, in 2014, completed The Heroes of Olympus, the sequel to the Percy Jackson series that focuses on Roman and Greek mythology. He is also planning to write a series based on Norse mythology.


Personal Experience with this Book


After reading the complete saga of Percy Jackson, reading this saga was a “must”. And although the two sagas are two completely different stories with new characters, the story weaves a point with Percy Jackson and the point where we left off in the last book of the previous series.

I liked the story that comes with the prophecy of this book more than the previous one. I think it is much more full of intrigue and mystery than the Percy Jackson’s series and I liked that a lot. Also, I still find very interesting the way Rick Riordan combines Greek mythology with the world created by him and with these characters and stories with his captivating writing skills.

About the characters I can say that I loved the main three though, Leo made me fall in love. Jason has a very similar personality with Percy, is a born leader and the truth is that I worry about a possible confrontation in the future. Piper is very nice and you can see that she loves Jason even though she knows that all she knew before going to Camp Half-blood was a lie. And Leo, well, it is Leo. I love that everyone has their secrets and their concerns but as the story progresses, their friendship becomes their strongest weapon against the obstacles they face. I felt better connected with these characters than with Percy Jackson when I read the first book and I think that reflects the progress and learning as the author has been writing more.

I loved the fact that you can read from the perspectives of different characters, and I think that helps you feel more connected to them. The only thing I have to reproach to this book is that when I finished I wanted to know more! So much that I started the second book as soon as I dropped the first and ended it the next day. And so I began the third one. 



No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates