lunes, 29 de junio de 2015

Wrap Up June 2015

 June was the worst month of reading I've had all year. I started very well and then began to fall to the point where I only finished two books this month and none of them was one of those I set last month.


The reasons why this happened are basically that I was in finals during the first two weeks of June and when I finished it all I started watching "Game of Thrones" so I spent an entire week glued to the computer and unable to think of anything else that was not the TV show. Also, when I finally wanted to resume my reading some friends arrived from Colombia and I started acting as a tour guide. What I liked a lot because I really enjoyed the end of the month and had fun with them but it did not end contributing to my reading.

At the beginning of the month I started reading "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss and, still cannot finish it. The book so far is good, I do not adore it with all my heart but we are on track. Although I haven’t finished yet so I will speak about it in the July Wrap Up.

While reading "The Name of the Wind" I started reading "Paper Towns" by John Green. I knew that John was a bit overrated in my opinion and, there are also many people who criticize him so I did not expect great things from this story. I gave it a 3 out of 5 because I liked some things in the book but most of it I did not care.

Paper Towns: Goodreads and Review.



I finished that book and still having in my hands "The Name of the Wind" I started reading a book that a friend recommended to me and it was also a contemporary reading so with "The Name of the Wind" I needed a light reading to go together with. This book was "The Lonely Hearts Club" by Elizabeth Eulberg. I really liked the book and its topic about friendship and feminine power. I gave it a 4 out of 5 because I enjoyed reading it.

The Lonely Hearts Club: Goodreads.

I also started two books of personal improvement and money management. I'm at a point in my life where I'm trying to make important decisions and I want to do things right. That's why I'm very concentrated on finding this kind of literature lately. However, I have not managed to finish these two books.


And you, what did read in June? It was as badly as me or was a productive month in for reading?

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

Si ya leiste el libro y quieres compartir tu opinion acerca de el sientete libre de comentar. Si por el contrario aun no lo has leido pero te ha motivado a leerlo mi reseña tambien me gustaria que me lo hicieras saber :D

 
Blogger Templates